It sounded like a good idea, but we had no idea how good. Paris 4 on 4 hockey league is the ultimate hockey experience. It features the game as it was meant to be played; free wheeling, high scoring with limited whistles and no face-offs. It may simply be the second best hockey leagues in the world!
The league is going into its eleventh year and interest has continuously grown because our main focus is the experience and enjoyment of the game rather than the score on the board. We want the participants to think outside of the box and be as creative as possible with their decision making. No body checking is allowed at any age level so that everyone, regardless of size, can focus on the enjoyment of the game.
We are committed to giving the best value for the best price; not only do players receive 13 fast paced games, they are also provided with league jersey, socks and a momento at the end of the year. The league is open to both boys and girls with rosters setup as evenly as possible using the information provided through the registration process.
This league is meant for players to be creative, and most important to JUST HAVE SOME FUN!. We like to tell kids to try moves that might drive their regular hockey coaches crazy. To assist us in the continued focus on making this a fun league, we ask parents to remember the following pledge:
PLEDGE FOR PARENTS
1. I will not force my child to participate in hockey.
2. I will remember that my child plays hockey for his or her enjoyment, not mine.
3. I will encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflict without resorting to hostility or violence.
4. I will teach my child that doing one’s best is as important as winning so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of the game.
5. I will make my child feel like a winner every time by offering praise for competing fairly and hard.
6. I will never ridicule or yell at my child for making a mistake or losing a game.
7. I will remember that children learn by example. I will applaud good plays and performances by both my child’s team and their opponents.
8. I will never question the official’s judgment or honesty in public. I recognize officials are being developed in the same manner as players.
9. I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from children’s hockey games.
10. I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteers who give their time to hockey for my child.